Owning a home is a labor of love. It’s often one of the most significant investments a person will make and it requires a lot of sweat equity and maintenance, but studies show that the equity built over the long term makes owning a home a sound financial investment. But that doesn’t make owning a home any easier!
Top Homeowner Fears
Owning a home can be stressful and small problems can quickly get out of control if you are not doing proper home maintenance. In fact, a recent study listed the most common homeowner fears and stressors. Can you relate to any of these?
1. Storm Damage – almost half (44%) of homeowners polled said their #1 fear when it comes to their home is storm damage and costly repairs
2. Insect Infestation – 32% of homeowners said their biggest concern was related to damage and repairs associated with insects
3. Mold – 30% of homeowners said their biggest fear was repair costs and health problems related to mold and water damage
If you are like most homeowners in ___ (list city), you probably have the same fears, especially when it comes to storm damage. Hail damage to a roof cannot be seen from the ground of a home, and that’s a big reason why it hardly ever crosses anyone’s mind. But just because you can’t see damage by standing on your lawn and looking at your roof doesn’t mean it isn’t there. If you haven’t had a proper roof inspection do you really know if your roof is safe?
Why Get A Storm Damage Inspection?
If your home has been hit by major storms in the past year and you have not requested a roof inspection yet, don’t wait any longer. Here’s why:
- When hail hits an asphalt shingle, it often knocks off the protective granule coating. Once the granules are gone, the protective layer underneath is exposed to the elements.
- The sun’s ultraviolet light will weaken the exposed spots and make them brittle. These areas are very susceptible to leaks.
- Once leaks occur, the damage can be extensive due to the potential damage from mold, electrical issues, ceiling, and wall damage from water. The damage can also come very quickly and often it’s not initially detected.
Insurance companies believe it is the homeowner’s responsibility to maintain their homes and take steps to prevent leaks. Therefore, if you wait until your roof is leaking to make a claim, you could be footing the bill for all the major repairs. Preventing additional damage to your home is one of the reasons why some (but not all) insurance companies have time limitations to file a claim. In fact, most policies state that claims should be filed “promptly” or “as soon as possible.”
We’re Here To Help Unpredictable storms create unpredictable problems. That’s why it’s important to choose the right professional to inspect the integrity of your home after a storm. It’s important to find someone who is local, adequately certified, efficient, courteous, and available to complete your warranty work – all of which you’ll find working with CMC Roofing Services. Contact us today for a free inspection, give us a call at 214-501-5679, or visit us online.